Assisted Prescription provides an interactive application to assist doctors with drug prescriptions. Data is served from the Qlik Core backend using a single document. Variance in user load is limited and any scaling of the application can be manually managed.
A live demo is available at ap.qlikcore.com. You need a GitHub account to log in.
This use case is good to check out if you want to explore the following aspects of Qlik Core:
- Building a custom UI on top of Qlik Core, using picasso.js and enigma.js.
- Building a backend using Qlik Core to serve multiple users with a single document used by Qlik Associative Engine.
- Managing load from multiple users by scheduling sessions to different engines using a least-load strategy.
- Deploying a Qlik Core application on Amazon Web Services.
- Running Mira with Docker Swarm as container orchestrator.
- Building an authentication solution using GitHub as identity provider, managing session cookies and internal JWTs to be consumed by Qlik Associative Engine.
- Using de-facto standard tooling for monitoring and log collection.
More info and source code of the Assisted Prescription can be found in the core-assisted-prescription GitHub repository.
African Urbanization provides a captivating experience in an infographic inspired UI which tells the story about the urbanization in Africa from 1960 til today. Data is served from the Qlik Core backend using a single document. Large variance in user load is anticipated which is handled by horizontal pod auto-scaling and infrastructure auto-scaling.
A live demo is available at urbanization.qlikcore.com.
Look at this solution using Qlik Core if you are interested in:
- Sharing a document between multiple Qlik Associative Engine instances using volumes.
- Horizontal auto-scaling of Qlik Associative Engine pods in Kubernetes using Prometheus metrics.
- Deploying a Qlik Core application on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) on Google Cloud.
- Automatic scaling of infrastructure with GKE.
- Running Mira with Kubernetes as container orchestrator.